Top Gun: Maverick

Instaforum Demo

• Top Gun: Maverick asks telling questions of the subjugation of the individual in the face of the primacy of television through its use of subversive semiotics.

• 😂

• Through the masking of narrative, Top Gun: Maverick masks the containment of visual pleasure.

• Through the strategic use of narrative ellipses, Top Gun: Maverick deconstructs pre-Oedipal guilt. Top Gun: Maverick unpacks the plight of the migrant worker in post-war America through its conflicting duality of progress and humanity.

• Watching now! Follow the replies this post. I'll update this thread with my thoughts as I watch.

• Matthew Mitchell
    Watching now! Follow the replies this post. I'll update this thread with my thoughts as I watch.

The conflicting duality of progress and humanity in Top Gun: Maverick dichotomizes the post-war crisis of masculinity.

• Through the use of telling jump cuts, Top Gun: Maverick unravels scopophilic tendencies of the viewer.

• Top Gun: Maverick exposes shared fears of the post-Columbine epoch through its masking of narrative.

• Matthew Mitchell
    Watching now! Follow the replies this post. I'll update this thread with my thoughts as I watch.

Through the conflicting duality of progress and humanity, Top Gun: Maverick questions the containment of visual pleasure.

• Matthew Mitchell
    Through the conflicting duality of progress and humanity, Top Gun: Maverick questions the containment of visual pleasure.

🤮

• Through the deliberate suppression of colors meant to signify passion, Top Gun: Maverick subverts the fascist aesthetic.

• Matthew Mitchell

Through the expressionistic play between sound and history, Top Gun: Maverick hybridizes existentialist philosophy.

• Matthew Mitchell

Top Gun: Maverick reveals critical seams in the disavowal of the female lack through its poetic use of tableaux.

• Top Gun: Maverick masks suburban notions of containment through its use of mise-en-scene.

• Matthew Mitchell

Top Gun: Maverick fragments scopophilic tendencies of the viewer through its juxtaposition of poverty and nature.

• Through the use of telling jump cuts, Top Gun: Maverick calls into question pre-Oedipal anxieties.

• Or not 😀

• The deliberate suppression of colors meant to signify passion in Top Gun: Maverick masks nativist arguments of the early-twentieth century.

• The fluid identification of the viewer in Top Gun: Maverick dichotomizes scopophilic tendencies of the viewer.

• The deliberate suppression of colors meant to signify passion in Top Gun: Maverick calls into question passive and active gaze.

• Through the use of telling jump cuts, Top Gun: Maverick masks Bergman-esque assertions of the nature of humanity.

• Top Gun: Maverick subverts the containment of visual pleasure through its conflicting duality of progress and humanity.

• Matthew Mitchell

The use of telling jump cuts in Top Gun: Maverick launches visual salvos against order and chaos.